- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated or minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 lb boneless (about 2 medium), skinless chicken breasts, split in half and pounded lightly
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 (5 ounce) packages of Hodgson Mill Spicy Quinoa and Brown Rice sides
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a large pan or skillet and bring to a boil over medium high heat, whisking continuously. Once the mixture thickens up, remove from heat pour into a container and set aside. Wipe down the pan with a damp paper towel.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper and measure out 1/4 cup of sauce to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to cook, drizzle the same pan with oil and cook chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes on each side over medium-high heat, just long enough to brown each side of the chicken.Transfer to a plate.
- Add a little bit more oil and toss in the red peppers and pineapples and cook for 2-3 minutes, until pineapples are slightly caramelized. Add rice, water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in broccoli, and 1/4 cup of the reserved sauce. Nestle chicken on top and brush with more sauce. Cover and continue to cook for an additional 5-9 minutes or until rice and chicken are cooked through.
- Brush chicken with additional sauce and garnish with parsley and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.