- 5 small shallots cut to pieces
- 6oz minced pork
- 3oz siew yuk (Chinese roast pork) – optional
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce (I used 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- I skipped the Ajinomoto (MSG) and added 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
Mix everything in a bowl. Fry in a wok till well done.
- 5 cold eggs (large)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6oz sugar
- 7.5oz super fine flour
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon ovalett
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat all ingredients until stiff and smooth. Make sure you beat in the same direction.
- Put 1/2 of cake mixture on a paper lined and greased tin and 1/2 of pork fillings. I used 9″ cake tin.
- Steam for 15 minutes. Take out and add the rest of the cake mixture and pork fillings. I left some pork fillings to garnish the cake top.
- Steam for another 15 minutes. Let it cool and it’s ready to be served.