Zaatar Roasted Potatoes – Crispy stir-fried potatoes with Zaatar spice mix
Zaatar is a Middle Eastern spice mix which has very delicate tangy flavours. It is mainly used as a topping for different types of Middle Eastern bread. The most popular is Zaatar Manakeesh, the generous sprinkle of olive oil mixed zaatar takes this manakeesh to a different level.
Yesterday when I was planning for my lunch I didn’t have many vegetables in the refrigerator. I love the flavour of Zaatar spice so much but there are not many recipes to use the spice blend. I did have a few boiled potatoes, so I tried making stir fried potatoes with zaatar and it turned out so awesome. Everybody loves it so much that nobody waited till lunch and the potatoes are finished as a snack with labneh. Such an easy,quick and delicious recipe with just two ingredients!!
Zaatar spice mix is very easily available in the gulf region and in metro cities of India, if you want you can easily make this spice mix ,
Crispy potatoes stir fried with zaatar spice mix
Servings 3 people
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
4 medium Potatoes / Aloo boiled
3 tbsp Zaatar spice Mix
To taste Salt / Namak
4 tbsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
- Peel the boiled potatoes and chop into medium size cubes.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom frying pan.
- Add the potato cubes and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat till they get a nice golden colour (you can also deep fry the potatoes )
- Now add salt and zaatar spice mix and stir for a minute on low heat.
- Serve hot as a starter with labneh or your choice of tangy sauce.
Serving suggestion- serve as a starter or side dish .