- 1/4 kilo Ground Pork
- Spring Onions (chopped)
- 1 Egg
- 1 pack Molo/Wanton wrappers (50pcs)
- 100 grams Shrimps (shelled)
- 3 pcs Chicken Breasts
- Chicken broth (or chicken bullion)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 medium sized Onions (finely chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Place chicken breasts in a pot and cover it with just enough water so that all the pieces are submerged. Add a dash of salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Lower the temperature after it boils and simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts from the pot. Sieve the liquid and set aside. Shred a chicken breast into strips and thoroughly mince the rest.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, minced chicken meat, egg, finely chopped onions, and spring onions (leave some for the broth later). Mash well adding salt and pepper (the amount would depend on individual tastes but I recommend 1 teaspoon of salt and about half a teaspoon of ground pepper).
- To make the molo “heads”, place a molo wrapper on a flat surface. Place about a heaping teaspoonful of the meat mixture near one corner of the wrapper. Imbed a piece of shrimp to each ball. Wrap the top part of the wrapper to the “meat ball” then the two sides, then roll downwards (please refer to the picture). The wrapped molo should resemble something like a tadpole. Make several of these heads. You can place the meat mixture back to the freezer and thaw it to use again.
- To make the soup broth, Saute the garlic in minimal oil until golden. Remove garlic and pour in the liquid that was used to boil the chicken breasts adding more chicken broth or broth made from chicken bullion. Bring to a boil. Add the chicken strips, then drop the molo “heads” one at a time. Once cooked the molo heads will float. Add the remaining spring onion then simmer for 5 to 8 minutes more. DO NOT COVER! Serve piping hot.