- 1 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 small can Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 crushed garlic head
- 1 minced onion
- 2 peeled and cubed large carrots
- 2 medium-sized peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 piece beef or pork cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 green seeded and cubed bell pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 4 boiled eggs, shelled (optional)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Calamansi or Lemon Juice
- Marinade the ground pork in lemon (camalansi) juice and soy sauce for 1 hour.
- Sauté garlic until slightly brown and onion in a pan with cooking oil until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the ground pork and make sure it loses its pink colour.
- Put the tomato sauce, beef or pork cube and water, boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, bell pepper and raisins, cook for 5 more minutes. (You can also add garbanzos and green peas)
- Put sugar, salt and pepper to taste
- You can add boiled chicken or quail eggs if you want.
- Serve with steamed rice!