- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce (use less if using regular soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until cooked through. Drain any fat or liquid.
- To the same skillet, add chopped cabbage and garlic. Cook until cabbage is tender and reduces in volume. Stir in cooked (or blanched) broccoli.
- Add tamari sauce, ginger, and sesame oil and stir to combine – on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup water with 1 tablespoon cornstarch – and mix it in the bowl until smooth. Add the corn starch water to the skillet, mix with cabbage and cook on medium heat until heated through and sauce somewhat thickens, constantly stirring.
- Season with salt if necessary.