- 1 16-oz box Elbow Macaroni, cooked per box instruction BOLOGNESE OR MEAT SAUCE
- 1/4 kg. Pork Ham, cubed
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup equivalent bell peppers, cubed
- 2 cans Evaporated Milk
- 2/3 cup All purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tall can Tomato Sauce
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- 1 piece dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 cup Butter
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil for Sauteing BECHAMEL/MORNAY SAUCE
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cups Parmesan Cheese
- In a deep pan over medium heat, put the butter and flour and cook for few minutes. Add water and evaporated milk and mix until thick. If nutmeg is available, add ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg. Then add the cheese.
- Combine the pasta and the meat sauce and add ¾ of the white sauce. Transfer to a baking plate and use the remaining ¼ white sauce and parmesan cheese to top the baked macaroni.
- Bake on a 350 ° F pre-heated oven for 25 – 30 minutes.