- 1 kilo LECHON KAWALI
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup bagoong alamang
- 1/2 cup pork stock
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Siling pansigang or labuyo, optional
- Okra and/or Sitaw, optional
- Slurry (1 tablespoon corn starch and 1 tablespoon water), optional
- Prepare Lechon Kawali and set aside.
- To make the bago-ong sauce, heat oil in a pan over medium fire.
- Saute garlic then onion and then tomato softened.
- Add bagoong alamang, 1/2 cup pork stock, and chilies. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Make flavor and texture (slurry) adjustments if necessary.
- Add okra and/or sitaw here and simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Finally add the lechon kawali and combine well.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes then remove from heat and serve with rice.