- 2 pounds pork shoulder, cubed
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Shrimp Paste or Bagoong Alamang
- 1 long chili pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Combine the pork, vinegar, water, soy sauce and half of the garlic and onion in a pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer until meat is tender, about 20 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water if it’s drying out before the meat gets tender. Sauce left on the pan should be about half a cup when done.
- In a separate pan, saute the remaining garlic and onion in oil. Add the tomato and cook until it’s wilted.
- Add the boiled pork (without the sauce). Cook for a minute. Then add the sauce and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the shrimp paste and chili pepper, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice.