- pie crust = 10 inches (can be readily bought at grocery stores)
- buko (young coconut meat) – 2 cups; fresh; cut into strips
- white sugar – 1 cup
- buko juice – ¾ cup
- coconut milk – ¾ cup
- cornstarch – 1/3 cup
- Steps for Making Buko Pie
- Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a pan set over low heat, add all the ingredients for the filling.
- Cook until mixture is thick.Make sure to stir constantly.
- Transfer cooked mixture into a bottom pie crust.
- Cover mixture with a top pie crust.
- Crimp the edges of the pie.For this step, you can use your little fingers or you can use the tines of a fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove pie from the oven.
- Allow it to cool.
- You can eat your buko pie while it is a little warm.
- Then again, you can refrigerate it for about two hours.
- Serve chilled.