- 1/2 kilo carabeef, cut into cubes
- 2 cups potatoes. Peeled and quartered
- 2 cups carrots. Peeled and quartered
- 1 large green or red bell pepper. Sliced
- 2/3 cup green olives
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup liver spread
- 2 tbsp. grated cheese
- 1 red onion. Chopped
- 3 cloves garlic. Crushed
- 1 or 2 pcs. red chili. Sliced
- 1 cup carabeef stock (or less)
- 4 pcs. Bay leaves
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Brown sugar, Salt and pepper to taste
FOR COOKING THE CARABEEF:
- Pressure cooker
- 1 liter water
- Pour the water to the pressure cooker. Add carabeef and cook for 30 to 45 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry the carrots and potatoes until color turns light brown.
- Remove and set aside for a while. Fry bell peppers just for a few seconds.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic and onions until become translucent. Add beef to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes. You just want to incorporate all the flavors of the garlic and onion to the meat. Carabeef has 20.43 percent protein content versus beef meat that only has 19.02 percent. Also carabeef has lower fat content of only 2.87 percent compared to the 4.34 percent fat content of beef. Carabeef sells half the price of beef meat in local markets.
- Add stock, tomato sauce, liver spread and bay leaf; stir a little to combine all the ingredients. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add green olives, chili, grated cheese, tomato paste, fried potatoes, carrots and bell peppers. Simmer for another 5 minutes over low heat or until sauce thickens.
- Season with sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a plate. Serve hot. Bon appetit!