- Chicken thighs (about 6-8 pieces – cut into 1 inch cubes, you can remove the skin)
- 3 large carrots (Slice into thick circles)
- 3 green onion leaves (Slice on an angle shapes)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 3/4 cup medium cheddar, grated
- 3/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and melt the butter. Swirl it in the pan until it turns brown (about 3 minutes) don’t overheat.
- Immediately add the chicken thighs. Turn often and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the carrot slices and mix until they are all coated with butter.
- Simmer the chicken and carrots for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in just enough chicken stock (or water) to almost cover the chicken. Simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through – about 15-20 minutes. Let the stockreduce until halved.
- Turn down the heat. Add the milk and let it heat but not come to a full boil. Add both types of cheese and stir until melted. Add some salt and to taste.
- Just before serving, add most of the green onions and toss to coat. Reserve a few slices of green onion as garnish.
- Now it’s done, serve hot with rice!