For the base:
- 100g butter, melted
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
For the caramel:
- 100g butter
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
For the top:
- 4 small bananas
- 300ml carton whipping cream, lightly whipped
- grated chocolate
- You will also need…20cm loose-bottomed cake tin, greased
- Tip the biscuit crumbs into a bowl. Add the butter and mix in. Spoon the crumbs into the base and about halfway up the sides of the tin to make a pie shell. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved. Add the condensed milk and bring to a rapid boil for about a minute, stirring all the time for a thick golden caramel. Spread the caramel over the base, cool and then chill for about 1 hour, until firm or until ready to serve.
- Carefully lift the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas; fold half of them into the softly whipped cream and spoon over the base. Decorate with the remaining bananas and finish with the grated chocolate.