- 1½ – 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (use a bit less if you use table salt)
- A few grinds of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Put the shrimp on a rimmed baking sheet large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Pour the oil over the shrimp. Sprinkle the salt over them. Grind some pepper over them. Toss gently with your hands until the oil, salt and pepper are well distributed. Spread the shrimp out on the baking sheet.
- Roast for about 8 minutes, or until just done. Set aside to cool. Refrigerate if not serving right away.
- Serve with Cocktail Sauce