- 4-5 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- Optional: flour (all-purpose)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (or matzo meal for Passover)
- 3 or 4 drops canola oil
- Heat the oven to 375 F (190 C). Generously grease a rimmed, flat baking sheet with canola oil.
- Set out three shallow pie dishes or deep plates—one with flour, one with beaten egg, one with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Make sure your boneless, skinless chicken breasts are thin by either slicing them in half or pounding them flatter.
- Dip the chicken first into flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip it into the beaten egg, shaking off any excess. Finally, dip it into the seasoned bread crumbs or matzo meal.
- Lay the breaded chicken on the greased baking sheet. Drizzle each piece of chicken with a little oil.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is white in the middle, the juices run clear, and an instant read thermometer reads at least 165 F (bake time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken).