Archives for November 8, 2017
For the Chocolate Malt Cake:
- 1 + ¼ cups (190g) plain flour
- 1 + ½ cups (335g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (50g) malt powder (Horlicks, Ovaltine)
- ¼ cup (30g) cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 + ½ cups (375ml) boiling water
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) canola oil
For the Milo Crumbs:
- ⅓ cup (50g) flour
- ⅓ cup (40g) milk powder
- ⅓ cup (40g) Milo
- ⅓ cup (40g) cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- 6 tbsp (85g) butter
- 1 L Vanilla Ice Cream (homemade or storebought)
For the Malted Hot Fudge:
- ⅓ cup (85ml) cream
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ¼ cup (25g) malt powder (Horlicks, Ovaltine, Milo)
- 6 oz (150g) dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp glucose or light corn syrup
- First, make the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F, and grease and line a 8 inch/18cm cake tin.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, and add the hot water, ½ a cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add in the eggs, mixing well after each addition, and finally the canola oil. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Next make the crumbs.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Slowly stream in the butter, beating all the while, until the mixture is totally homogenised and can be squeezed together into clumps.
- Spread the mixture onto a lined baking tray and place in the oven (with the cake) for 10 minutes. Watch it carefully, as it burns easily.
- Once the crumbs are done (firm and slightly crisp), and the cake is baked, let them cool completely.
- To make the hot fudge, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan over a low heat until the mixture is melted and shiny.
- To assemble the ice cream cake, line an 18cm/8inch cake tin with plastic wrap.
- Slice the chocolate cake into two even layers and place one of them in the base of the tin.
- Fold ⅔ of the milo crumbles through the vanilla ice cream, and layer that onto the cake base.
- Top with remaining cake layer, wrap in cling film and freeze for at least 2 hours, or for up to 1 month.
- To serve the cake, let it rest out of the freezer for 10-15 minutes, then pour over the hot fudge, top with the remaining Milo crumbs, and eat!”
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Beef
- 2 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 2 tsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger [or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger]
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Mash Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Beef, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes in small bowl with fork until blended. Toss steak with ½ of the stock mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown steak, in 2 batches, stirring quickly, about 5 minutes. Remove steak and set aside.
- Stir remaining stock mixture, water and broccoli into same skillet and cook covered until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Blend cornstarch with reserved 1 tablespoon water and stir into skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low. Return steak to skillet and heat through. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice.
Southeast Asia’s biggest online shopping event, the Online Revolution Sale, brings to the spotlight over 28 million local and international products from its most trusted brands and sellers. Customers can expect jaw-dropping offers, flash sales and exclusive launches up to 95% off with Free Shipping and No Sign-ups needed
Now on its sixth year, Lazada.com.ph expects over 150 million visits combined during the sale period, which begins November 9 in the Philippines. The combination of millions of sellers and buyers makes this year’s theme: “Shop the Universe” a perfect fit.
Shoppers looking for more will get more choices as items on sale during Alibaba’s single’s day (11.11) will be available through the Taobao Collection. Digital goods such as prepaid load, mobile data and restaurant & lifestyle vouchers are also available at 5% off.
Christmas gift-seekers will be treated with more options at even better prices. Top deals include the Cherry Mobile OnRev smartphone for only Php 999, the Olay Night Ritual at Php 999 and the Casio G-Shock watch for only Php 2,995.
Bargain hunters will also love to the 11 Peso deals and flash sales every two hours. Some flash sale items include a Matrix microwave oven for Php 1,999, an A7 Sports camera for Php 439 and Mamypoko Extra Dry Skin Tape Diapers (30 pcs) for only Php 322.
Christmas shopping wouldn’t; be complete without raffle promos. Lazada has that too! Avent is giving away a cash prize of Php 1,000,000 to one lucky customer buying any Avent product. Lazada is also giving away free trips from Philippine Airlines and Star Cruises, as well as one
Isuzu SUV to lucky shoppers. Each transaction entitles shoppers to an electronic raffle coupon. Through a collaboration with Freenet, the free internet platform of Voyager Innovations, customers using the Lazada mobile app can browse and shop without being charged for data consumption.
To get additional discounts, sign-up for a PayMaya account and enjoy additional 20% off (max. discount of P400) with the code PYMYNOV upon checkout for the whole month of November.
“With this year’s Online Revolution Sale, the best of the world is truly at everyone’s fingertips. Lazada has been working closely with the top brands and sellers in the country and across the globe to offer the best products at the most affordable prices. We believe that campaigns such as Online Revolution will someday set the Philippines to be the online shopping capital of not only Southeast Asia but also the world” said Lazada Co-Founder and CEO, Inanc Balci.
Christmas can’t get better than this! Visit www.lazada.com.ph/online-
Lazada offers Cash on Delivery meaning you can pay when your items arrive and Lazada Free Shipping when you purchase above 1000 and no need to sign up for you to order to Lazada online with express delivery and the best of it is that you can return your items easily and free if there are concerns.