- 1 whole roasted chicken or 2 pounds of chicken
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 2-3 Tablespoons)
- ⅓ – ½ cup Paleo mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 large egg, at room temperature (very important to be at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, at room temperature
- 1 cup light olive oil (or 1/2 cup olive oil + 1/2 cup avocado oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard, optional
- 1 Paleo Wrap
- 1/2 cup chicken salad
- Extra mayo (optional)
- Put cooked chicken in a food processor and pulse a few times to rough chop. Continue pulsing for about 30 seconds until the chicken is finely chopped. *If you turn “on” the food processor, your chicken will become a “paste” instead of very finely chopped. Don’t do this.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and creole seasoning and blend well.
- Toss chicken into the bowl, combine a few times with a spatula and throw in finely chopped celery.
- Place the 1 egg, lemon juice, salt and optional dijon mustard in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until frothy and blended.
- The key to this step is being patient and slow. Tablespoon by tablespoon start to add the olive oil, while the blender or food processor is on. Keep pouring slowly. It should take 2 to 3 minutes. If you rush this it will not emulsify.
- Lay wrap on a flat surface. Spread extra mayo if desired. Add chicken salad on top and spread evenly. Fold in two of the four side of the wrap about 1/2 inch. (So fold top and bottom) Then take the other side and wrap it up tightly! Cut wraps in half or leave whole.