- 3 Tbs. red Thai curry paste (or more or less depending on your heat preference)
- 2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 bundles vermicelli noodles
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 sliced chile, for garnish (optional)
- juice of one lime
- coarse salt
- Bring a large pot to a medium-high heat. Add the curry paste with 1/4 cup coconut milk; whisk until smooth. Add the rest of the coconut milk, chicken stock and fish sauce. Stir until combined.
- Add the red bell pepper, snow peas, peas, vermicelli noodles and chicken. Toss in a good pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 8 minutes, until the noodles have softened.
- Add half the lime juice, stir and taste. Need more salt? Add it.
- Serve soup garnished with scallions and chile pepper. Oh! And remaining lime wedges.