- 2 pcs Tilapia (i prefer the big ones)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil if deep frying
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 to 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 chilies (optional)
- Clean the fish thoroughly. Make a few slits on the side.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Lay the fish in the foil or banana leaf and cover both sides with tomatoes and onions.
- Wrap tightly, be sure not to let water or oil to sip through.
- For deep frying: heat oil then submerge wrapped fish till done or for about 30 minutes.
- For steaming: boil water then placed the wrapped fish atop the pot. Steam till done or for about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with vinegar sauce.