- 300 g cellophane noodles or bean thread noodles
- 2 x 200 g steaks of your choice
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 10 – 12 cherry tomatoes (slow roasted or fresh)
- 1 small zucchini, coursely grated
- 1 tablespoon of crispy fried shallots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated
- 2 heaped teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 heaped teaspoon of red chilli flakes
- If slow roasting the tomatoes, pre-heat oven to 160C (about 320F), slice tomatoes in half, place skin side down on oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Soak noodles in a bowl of warm water until soft, then drain. When the noodles are soaking, grate the zucchini, chop the coriander and grill the steaks. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper and grill to medium rare (or however you like your steak). When done, let the steaks rest.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all the ingredients together and mix well. Adjust to your own taste, you may prefer it saltier (add fish sauce), more sour (lime juice) or sweeter (sugar).
- To serve, simply toss the noodles, zucchini, tomatoes, coriander and 3/4 of the dressing together. Slice the steaks and serve on top of the salad, drizzle the rest of the dressing on the steaks and top with crispy fried shallots.