- 375ml (13 fl oz/1.5 cups) thickened (whipping) cream
- 375ml (13 fl oz/1.5 cups) full cream milk
- 115g (4 oz/0.5 cup caster sugar (which I omitted due to pre-sweetened matcha)
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder (I used 6 tablespoons of the matcha mix)
- Whip the cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Put milk, sugar and matcha powder into a food processor and process until well combined and the sugar has dissolved. Strain the mixture througha fine sieve into the whipped cream. Fold the cream gently into the mixture, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. (Thanks to my noob matcha mix, I only had to mix it in the milk and stir to dissolve, no straining required)
- Churn the mixture in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. It will take 15 – 20 minutes for the ice cream to set. Serve immediately or transfer to a container and store in freezer for firmer texture.