- 2.4 lbs chicken pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger peeled and julienned
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups baby spinach or pepper leaves
- 2 serrano peppers
- Prepare the chicken pieces by removing the skin, rinsing under cold water and patting dry with paper towels. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes, or until onion has softened.
- Add chicken pieces and sauté for 4 minutes or until browned and no longer pink.
- Add fish sauce and stir to combine flavor. Add water, bring mixture to a boil, lower heat to medium, cover with a lid and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes or until chicken meat is tender. Stir in spinach or pepper leaves. Cover and remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed rice.