- 1 box Pepperidge Farms puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup lemon curd*
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped (optional)
- Lemon Curd
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- pinch kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap one puffed pastry sheet. Roll the sheet out on a lightly floured counter to smooth the seams together.
- Spread 1/2 cup of lemon curd onto the pastry sheet.
- Starting from one of the longer sides, roll the sheet into a tight log.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the log into 12 one-inch thick rolls.
- Place the slices onto a parchment- or silplat-lined baking sheet. Repeat above steps with the second sheet and remaining lemon curd. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Juice and zest the lemon. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle onto the hot rolls with a spoon.
- Sprinkle each roll with lemon zest and almonds.
- Juice and zest the lemon set aside.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the sugar, lemon zest and butter. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the lemon juice and salt.
- Place in a saucepot over low heat. Cook, stirring often 10-15 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Use or chill for up to one week.