- ½ cup squash, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup camote, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into inch-long pieces
- 1 cup small fresh shrimp, whiskers trimmed, washed and drained
- Heat 1-inch deep oil for frying in a deep heavy-bottomed frying pan.
- Mix in all vegetables into the batter.
- Drop batter by spoonful in hot oil allowing 1 or 2 shrimps and fine onion slices per ukoy.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with vinegar and garlic dip.