- 1⁄2 kg. pork belly (traditionally, Ilocanos use pig’s mask, nape, liver and intestines for this recipe. You may also use lean parts of pork)
- water to cover
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 pc. onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (2-inch) pc. ginger, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seaosning
- mayonnaise, as needed (pork’s brain is traditionally used to mix with the meat)
- Red or green chilies, chopped
- In a pan, mix pork belly, garlic, and black peppercorns. Pour enough water to cover the pork. Let it boil and adjust heat to low and simmer until pork is tender. Drain pork broth after.
- Transfer into a bowl, add patis (fish sauce) to pork. Combine well. You can fry pork (or bake or grill) until crisp then cut it into 1 or 2 inch strips.
- In another pan, heat an oil and saute onion, garlic and ginger. Add pork strips, and chilies, and season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Turn off heat and transfer into a serving dish.
- Toss in mayonnaise to combine well. Serve and enjoy with red chili pepper garnish.