- 1 pkg (7oz or 2 +2/3 cups) Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut
- (alternatively, dessicated coconut from other brands)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 0z (4 squares) Semi sweet Baking Chocolate
- Mix coconut,flour, and salt in large bowl.
- Beat the egg whites,gradually adding the white sugar until it forms a foamy but firm whisk. Add the almond extract until well blended.
- Stir in the coconut mixture into the egg white mixture.
- Form balls (into tablespoonfuls) unto greased and floured cookie sheets.
- Bake at 3250F for 20 mins or until edges of cookies are slightly brown.
- Remove from cookie sheets into wire racks. Cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate (follow package instructions).
- Dip cookies halfway into chocolate, dripping off the excess.
- Let stand at room temperature or refrigerate for a few mins until chocolate is firm.