- 2 cups seeded and sliced (julienned) bittermelon
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 3 tbs shrimp paste (bagoong)
- 4 plum tomatoes (or any kind of fresh tomaotes), sliced
- Sprinkle the bittermelon with salt and let stand in a strainer or colander for at least 30 minutes. (You can even do this overnight if you are overly terrified of the bitterness! ) Rinse off the salt.
- In a mixing bowl, combime bittermelon with the remaining ingredients. Let stand for 10 minutes so the flavors develops.
- Serve with any grilled dish.